Humanitarian Affairs Officer
Läkarmissionen is seeking a vibrant and passionate humanitarian professional. The Humanitarian Affairs Officer position is key in the coordination of the organisation’s humanitarian engagement.
It is an exciting and challenging position, with great opportunities for both personal and professional development, allowing you as an individual to lead innovative approaches in humanitarian response. The oversight for the global humanitarian work is in the Unit for Humanitarian Affairs and Triple Nexus.
Duties and Responsibilities
As an individual, you are expected to fulfil the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide humanitarian policy support to the Head of Unit for Humanitarian Affairs & Triple Nexus and the organisation’s management, ensuring that all humanitarian programming is done from a nexus perspective in the various contextual setups
- Continuously search for new humanitarian donors for the organisation’s global humanitarian action and be the Key Account Manager of Läkarmissionen's humanitarian portfolio with the various institutional humanitarian donors like ECHO and others.
- Continue to manage and develop Läkarmissionen's humanitarian systems globally, including leading the development of annual country humanitarian plans and feeding into the organisation’s humanitarian strategy.
- Ensure that country offices and local partners have sufficient capacity and willingness to rapidly scale up and provide humanitarian assistance in their respective contexts, which includes updating the Humanitarian Staff Roster and coordinating the emergency humanitarian (rapid) response
- Provide humanitarian programme support, including all aspects of the Programme Cycle, with specific focus on quality assurance in proposal development, project monitoring and reporting, with adherence to relevant standards
- Represent Läkarmissionen in various humanitarian networks and meetings as requested/delegated by the Head of Unit
- Manage and update the organisation’s humanitarian projects in the Project Management System, ensuring that all information is up to date.
To successfully achieve the above duties and responsibilities, we expect you to possess the following key qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., development studies, social sciences, international studies, or other related field), with knowledge/understanding of international law and the humanitarian ecosystem
- 5 years of experience working in the international humanitarian and development field, with proven experience working in a coordinating role for at least 2 years. Extensive field experience in some of Läkarmissionen’s countries of operation (either as leading project implementation or extended/regular field monitoring) would be of significance.
- Strong English oral, writing, and analytic skills, with experience in writing and/or reviewing proposals and reports. Knowledge of Swedish is encouraged and other languages like French, Spanish, etc., would be an added advantage
- Proven experience with different international humanitarian donors’ requirements
- Self-starter and independent thinker with excellent communication skills with ability to work under pressure and with diverse cultures
- Committed to Läkarmissionen’s core values and vision.
- The position is located at our global office in Vällingby, Sweden and is part of the “Unit for Humanitarian Affairs and Triple Nexus”
- 37,5-hour work week, health care allowance, work travels, agile and digital working methods
- Proposed start of service: Immediately or subject to availability of successful candidate
- Type of Position: Permanent employment (with a six-month probation period)
How to Apply
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the following:
- Personal letter that includes your reason for applying for this position and your experience from similar positions or work
- CV with names of three traceable referees and an expected salary indication
- Copies of degree certificate from a university, and other relevant certificate to support your application
- Last day to submit the application: February 3, 2023
- Use the following reference in the subject line: “Humanitarian Affairs Officer”
- For questions, please contact the Head of Unit for Humanitarian Affairs & Triple Nexus on email@example.com
- Please note that shortlisting and interviews will be held continuously and that the position may be filled before the application deadline
Welcome to Läkarmissionen/LM International
Läkarmissionen, established 1958, is a non-profit global faith-based foundation working to eradicate poverty and to provide social and economic inclusion, health, education and water, sanitation, and hygiene to the most vulnerable. Läkarmissionen works for the right of all people to have a dignified life in a sustainable world. We carry out international development work and humanitarian aid in around thirty countries.
We work in Africa, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America. In total, we have approximately 300 employees, distributed between the global office in Stockholm, regional offices in Dubai City, Panama City and Nairobi and eight country offices in Africa.