Programme Manager South Sudan
LM International is a non-profit faith-based global Swedish foundation working for sustainable poverty alleviation from a human rights perspective. We are committed to drive transformative and innovative change in the thematic areas of economic empowerment and accountability, health, education, and WASH. LM International operate in about 25 countries and 4 regions (Europe, Latin America, Africa and Middle East) with a focus on fragile states and triple nexus contexts.
Since 1958, LM International has built up enduring local, national, regional, and global partnerships around the world. Our vision is “Dignified Life – Sustainable World” and our mission is to “to save lives and empower people”. IAS merged with LM International 1 January 2019.
South Sudan Country office is looking for a passionate individual for our program in South Sudan who has the experience and competencies to work as the Programme Manager, taking the lead in enhancing quality implementation, documentation, learning to achieve breakthrough solutions, bringing immediate and lasting change in the lives of the women, men and children we serve.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Manage program development and operations as well as grant development and implementation at the field office sites.
- Oversee the MEAL System to monitor and analyze the potential impact or opportunities of humanitarian need and develop a transition to recovery and early-stage development.
- Oversee the identification of local partners, community leaders, and other local stakeholders and develop collaborative and working relationships and partnerships.
- Ensures the Program Department maintains compliance with donor rules, regulations and reporting guidelines and deadlines.
- Develop grant proposals in line with the country strategy; and Facilitate reviews and evaluations to improve the strategies, efficiency, and impact.
- Provide Program’s input to monthly, quarterly, annual and any other periodic or special reports as needed by the Government line ministry, LM/IAS Regional Office, LM Head Office or donor.
Qualifications and experience
- Highly Prefer: Master’s Degree and at least 4-years’ experience at the level of a program manager responsible for multi-sector integrated relief and development program is desired.
- Minimum qualification: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field with six years’ Program Manager or related senior-level field management experience in a multi-sector, multi-funded relief and development programs; including experience with a Contractor or international NGO.
- Familiarity and experience working with DFID, SIDA, WFP, FAO, DANIDA, EU, UNICEF, SSHF, ECHO, USAID, and other donor programs.
- Previous experience living and working in conflict/transition and/or humanitarian crisis environments, preferably African or Arabic speaking country, and proven experience in supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations in developing countries.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing project start-up and expansions, manages growth under limited time constraints while adhering to the Project Cycle Management.
- Strong skills in managing a diverse team, including hiring, supervising, and training national personnel.
- Experience with program development, implementation, and comprehensive monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning.
- Financial management experience, including budgeting, financial management (tracking, reporting, and accounting), and procurement.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory; knowledge of Arabic is desirable but not required.
- Experience in writing and reviewing grant proposals and reports is highly required.
- High proficiency in computer programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Skype, and popular online social media, platforms, and mobile apps.
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
- Duration of commitment: Minimum 2 years with a 3 months probation period and the possibility of extension
Submission of application
- All applications should be submitted electronically to Human Resource Officer email: email@example.com and CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please use reference code ‘Programme Manager South Sudan’ in the email subject line.
- Please provide the following when applying for this post: 1) Cover letter explaining your motivation for seeking this position and your experience from similar organizations; 2)Curriculum Vitae (CV) that contains details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, contact details and names of three references.
- Closing date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
- South Sudan Country Office does not refund any expenses in connection with interviews.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Special attention to this position
- This position is contingent on the candidate’s ability to secure permission to work in South Sudan.
- Qualified female candidates and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.