Global Trainee Programme –Amplifying voices through digital transformation
LM International is looking for dynamic and driven candidates for the launch of a new global trainee program Amplify Voices running from January through December 2022.
LM International is a non-profit global foundation working to eradicate poverty and bring water and sanitation, health, education, and social protection to the most vulnerable since 1958. We are a politically and religiously independent organisation, and human rights are at the foundation of all our work.
LM International is looking for dynamic and driven candidates for the launch of a new global trainee program Amplify Voices running from January through December 2022. The programme gives young aspiring development cooperation professionals a chance to gain unique, hands-on experience in the field. Our vision for the trainee program is to function as a catalyst for change, not least when it comes to amplifying voices that otherwise may be suppressed through the use of technology. In addition, the program aspires to broaden the Swedish resource base by enhancing the capacity of Swedish young professionals with different kinds of background and a specific interest in tech. To achieve this vision, we are currently looking to recruit Swedish trainees with a drive, interest, and experience in strategic communication, ICT, and digital transformation.
The benefits of the Trainee Programme
- Trainees will gain increased knowledge of and personal commitment to innovation and digital transformation, Swedish Development Cooperation and the 2030 Agenda.
- The Swedish public will gain increased knowledge of and commitment to global development issues, international development cooperation and the 2030 Agenda.
- The LM regional and country offices as well as strategic partner organisations will gain increased capacity to (1) achieve objectives related to 2030 Agenda for sustainable development and to (2) achieve objectives in the activities that relate to the partnership with LM.
- Increased diversity within the Swedish resource base in Swedish Development Cooperation.
We are looking to employ five Swedish trainees in total to our regional and country offices in Addis Abeba/Ethiopia, Kampala/Uganda, Dar es Salaam/Tanzania and Nairobi/Kenya.
With the Trainee Programme, we offer:
- A unique field experience as an integrated part of Swedish Development Cooperation,
- A deeper insight into development cooperation through our emphasis on the importance of dynamic and mutual partnerships,
- Vast opportunities for field visits with a variety of actors, including innovators, companies, UN agencies, Swedish embassies, community-based organisations,
- Opportunity to participate in and contribute to field operations.
To qualify for the position, you have:
- A bachelor's degree in related field of innovation- and/or digital transformation, strategic and/or global communication and/or international relations-peace and development studies. A master’s degree in related fields is beneficial, but not required.
- Experience of working with strategic communication.
- Experience of working with digitalisation and an understanding of its potential within International Development Cooperation.
- Between the ages of 23-35 years old.
- Swedish citizenship (proficiency in the Swedish language is desirable, but not required).
All applications and contacts are treated confidentially. Last application date is 21-11-21. In your personal motivation letter, make sure to include examples of your experiences of strategic communication, ICT and/or digitalisation. Selection and interviews will take place after the last application date by Global Trainee Coordinator in cooperation with Human Resource Department at Head Office in Stockholm.
For further information linked to the position, please contact the Global Trainee Coordinator Tora Dirke Lundberg at email@example.com or +46 86 20 02 51.
Does this fit your profile? We are eager to hear from you! Submit your personal motivation letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to a key role in an organisation where everyone, regardless of function, contributes to LM International’s vision: Dignified life - Sustainable world.