Global Trainee Coordinator
LM International is a non-profit global foundation working to eradicate poverty and to bring water and sanitation, health, education as well as social protection to the most vulnerable since 1958. We are a politically and religiously independent organisation, and the human rights forms the basis of all our work.
About the position:
We are searching for a driven and dynamic candidate to join our Innovation and Digital Transformation Unit. As our new Global Trainee Coordinator you will develop and lead LM International’s global trainee program ”AMPLIFY VOICES” with a focus on digital transformation, innovation, and ICT.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
The global trainee coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that the regional office carries out the global trainee program in relation to defined objectives. The coordinator will work closely with the regional and country offices and the innovation unit at the Head Office, to ensure that all parties have the best of possibilities to carry out the program as intended. The position will include:
Recruitment of global trainees
- To develop ToR for global trainee positions
- Responsible for rating of trainee candidates
- To conduct interviews
- In consultation with Head of Unit to select candidates
Contribution management and global coordination
- Overall global coordination of the trainee program
- Responsible for the contribution management of the trainee program as well as to maintain the best possible quality for the reporting and follow-up
- Seeking continuous funding for the global trainee program of LM International
Pre-deployment training and mid-term field training
The global trainees will be introduced to the architecture of development cooperation and to the full range of the development cooperation spectrum, from meeting the perspectives of the duty bearers and right holders, to communicating in strategic multilateral fora such as the African Union and the EU on the importance of the Right to Health in fulfilling the 2030 Agenda.
- To design and to facilitate a four-week pre-deployment training program for global trainees which included the following five course modules: 1) The architecture of Swedish development cooperation and the 2030 Agenda 2) LM global work and its partner relations 3) Cultural awareness training and the Sida’s guide to power analysis 4) Personal health and safety 5) ICT, innovation, and digital transformation.
- To design and to facilitate a one-week mid-term field training
Follow-up, evaluation and learning
Upon return to Sweden, the trainees will work with external communication of their experiences in the program. The purpose of this is to spread and communicate the opportunity to a larger number of young innovators, as well as stakeholder groups for the organisation and target groups in the organisation’s work to deliver on the goals of the 2030 Agenda.
- To coordinate the mobilisation and follow-up work in Sweden after deployment
- To ensure continuous learning throughout the program
- To apply the LM global MEAL standards in all stages of the contribution management
- To be responsible of the overall evaluation of the global trainee program
To qualify for the position, you will have:
- An undergraduate degree in the social or political sciences, international relations, or other relevant academic field
- Experience of working with Swedish Development Cooperation
- Experience of trainings facilitation and capacity within Swedish recourse base /for international work
- Own personal experience of traineeship
All applications and contacts are treated confidentially. Last application date is 17-10-21. Selection and interviews will take place on an ongoing basis and the position may therefore be filled before the last application date.
For further information linked to the position, please contact the responsible manager Andreas Zetterlund at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +46-70-455 21 00.
Does this fit your profile? We are eager to hear from you! Submit your application via email to: email@example.com
Welcome to a key role in an organisation where everyone, regardless of function, contributes to LM International’s vision: Dignified life - Sustainable world.